Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Elle and David Beckham


I have the flu which is no fun at all and means that I haven't been out my be in 2 days. But, it's not all bad because today Vogue and Elle came through my door and nothing makes me happier than having the time to read a magazine cover to cover. 
David Beckham is on the cover of Elle this month, the first man to ever, in 27 years, to be on the cover. I know that a lot of people thought that this might not work - a man on the cover of a  women's fashion magazine?! Does he have too many tattoos?! Wouldn't it be better to have Robert Pattinson on the cover?! 
However, I think it works, he looks amazing on the cover and gives the magazine a really fresh and new look. I have completely fallen in love with Mr Beckham after reading the interview. Although he always looks so confident in his photos (the photos to go with the interview are beautifuuuuuul), when you read the interview you realise that he is a really humble and down to earth guy. All he could talk about in his interview was how proud he was of Victoria and how much he loved his family, he hardly mentioned football at all which is not how I expected him to be. 
It took me a while to come round to the idea of Victoria Beckham as a 
fashion designer, I think we all thought that it was just a vanity project to begin with but now her fashion lines are a success. We stock her Victoria line at work and the quality of her garments is perfect. You can tell that perfection is the only option in her work and that she works really hard to achieve it. 
So it has taken me a few years but I have to say that I now love both the Beckhams and really admire what they do. They clearly both have a very strong work ethic and work incredibly hard to be where they are. Despite this though they put their family first which shows that they are not in it for the money or the fame and I think is really refreshing to see in celebrities now. 

2 comments:

  1. haha I bought it today!!
    amazing pics - love all the greens in the background as he emerges from the pool.
    when I saw the spice girls in london he was
    there with the boys, eveyone cheered when
    they were ushered in at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this the on Friday and all the pictures are already plastered on my walls. Too beaut!

    ReplyDelete